Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And I'm well on my way

"When you feel good,
you look good" 
~ My own little project ~

I started my Lean Eating program on 11th of January 2010. So I have already the first week behind me.
It's been great so far, but tough too.

Many of you might be wondering why on earth did I join this program. I've been training sprint (60&100m) for the past 2 years, I reached a top form and then had a back injury. I gave up running and tried finding new goals to reach. It's important to have goals, to have something to work towards.

A client of mine had been telling me of this Lean Eating program that he was doing, and I could see the changes in him; he had become leaner, he had gotten stronger, he looked healthier, happier. I became interested in this program too.

So I simply joined. My goals are:

1) To learn new healthy habits
2) To learn new things that comes to exercise
3) To lose bodyfat
4) To get stronger
5) To have fun
6) To get fit

We are spending the first 4 weeks at the gym learning the gym exercises. We are only using free weights.
The gym-program is divided into lower- and upper-body. We are basically only doing squats and deadlifts in the lower-body workout. In the upper-body we are only doing chin-ups,push-ups and press-ups.
Needless to say these workouts are hard on the body.

Now that the 2nd week has started, I can tell my body is more used to the weight training,
however still a bit sore in certain areas of the body.

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment