Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our life is filled with habits

"When you feel good,
you look good" 
~ It's all about habits ~

Many people, even me at times, think we know the best. We think we know what's best for us, what works best for us and we have a hard time admitting that they might be wrong.

That is usually what I come across in people trying to lose weight. Again, they think they know best. Sometimes it's good to just stop, think and go try someone elses advice instead of relying on your own understanding of how things work.

In this case, I decided to leave my "ego" at home and go try something new. I am learning which life is all about.

Yesterday I discovered that it is all about habits. There are good habits (healthy things we do and eat daily) and then there are bad habits (bad things we eat, lack of exercise).

Now some of us are very aware of our good and bad habits, some have no clue and then some just decide to ignore them. To make a change to a leaner body you have to acknowledge these good and bad habits. Once you do, write them up and start changing them bit by bit.

Here's a list of some of my bad habits that I am AWARE of:

1) Emotional eating
2) Can eat when not hungry but out of boredom
3) Likes to buy Läkerol sugarfree pastilles as a replacement of candy
4) Weighing myself every morning
5) Post-dinner snacks

Now there, I acknowledge them. To make a change into a leaner and healthier life style I decide to do something about the bad habits. I try doing the OPPOSITE of what I usually do.

Eg. when I get upset over something that happened at work, instead of taking some icecream to make me feel better. I sit a while with those emotions, acknowledge them and talk them out with my friend or partner. If I afterwards still feel like eating, I will just quickly put my coat on and go out for a walk.

So, acknowledging your habits is already a step in trying to change them.

Now write a list of your good and bad habits. Then go out there and try to do the total opposite of what you are used to do. In time you will see how those bad habits don't exist anymore and how you are just getting more and more good habits into your daily life.

- Sara

1 comment:

  1. That means no one wants to leave this wealth. So, Let us build a food habit discipline, keep pace with work, rest and or exercise to Achieve good health, The ultimate wealth.Very interesting topics.I am looking this type of topics, I need more informations because everyone knows "Health is wealth" is very much known to all and everyone wants good health.
    Our Healthier Living

    ReplyDelete